Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Graf 5: Brainstorming


I find brainstorming to be something I do quite frequently. It comprises of me thinking out loud and then writing on paper my ideas. I like to brainstorm because then I can connect similar ideas and not be redundant when putting my work together. Sometimes you can rearrange and put various facts in there and then edit them to new sections. On occasion I run into difficulty if I am too specific and then my ideas run together. Sometimes without brainstorming I will start writing my pieces and get stuck after a little while and have nowhere to go with the writing. I am PRO-brainstorming. I find that the best time for me to do it is immediately, because it allows me to jot down everything that comes to mind on a particular subject. I can always add to the web later or even change the whole thing, but it’s such an added benefit to have everything in one location.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it works for you. Me, I've never done anything but charge my keyboard and start typing without a plan. I give that advice often and students in return give me the you-have-two-heads look....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the thoughts are just there, in which case I can just type and it comes to me, but there are other times in which I have to write it down on paper and organize it.

    ReplyDelete