Monday, September 10, 2012

Graf 8: Reaction to isearch samples

Everyone has various facets to their personality. Everyone has a story, where they came from, what they are doing, and what their goals are. It impressed on me that one of the examples I read about was a student wanting to learn more about relatives that had passed on. One of the other examples that I read about, a father wanting to help encourage his son to talk, was impressionable too. (I happen to know this particular family-unexpected twist) Each example showed a connection to the author about the subject they are writing about, hence, the isearch. It made me think about what I had invested in my own topic. I have a huge pull towards my particular topic, because I felt as though no one had any experience or knew how to help me. When I had an issue or problem that I needed advice on, no one had any suggestions that worked. The suggestions that were given to me worked for the situation that the person giving advice had encountered, but I never got advice that was directed towards the situation I was in. I realized after several months that I needed to stop taking advice from others and instead research for myself what I could do to fix things and work on them.

Because of the connection I have to my topic, I can understand the same connection that others have to their topics and it makes me that much more connected to what they are talking about. Just  like each and everyone of them, I have something that I too, am passionate about. Something that I am committed to researching and working on.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you see yourself among the crowd of successful isearchers.

    ReplyDelete