Friday, August 31, 2012

Graf 4: Reaction


Writing is an emotional journey in which you can create a world or share your own. It’s intimidating and scares the heck out of me. It’s easy to get caught in your own head and if you don’t have someone there to guide you or nudge you, well you may just end up slamming your head into a brick wall. You agonize over sentences, thoughts, and topic and before long you realize that you have spent more time stressing and over analyzing the whole piece that you haven’t even produced a piece of writing worth anyone even reading. 

Now that I have told you how you feel about writing, I suppose I should take some ownership and confess that I actually like to write. So maybe I wasn’t describing how you feel as much as I was describing how I feel, what! But, it is getting over that initial hump that kills me. Once I persevere and get over the hump and am halfway down the other side, I realize how silly it is to get so worked up. Naturally I talk a lot and by a lot I mean that my boyfriend has mastered the art of pretending to listen to me and most of the time I can’t tell if he is or isn’t, he’s that good. I like to think out loud and verbally communicate my thoughts and he is more of the silent type. I figure I talk enough for the both of us. 

Guidance is often a necessity, but what is better than guidance with some humor inserted? No, seriously, what is better than guidance with humor inserted? I think I have been given some thought provoking questions to remember.

2 comments:

  1. A little guidance, a joke here and there, nothing too directive or heavy-handed--that is my style.

    ReplyDelete