Thursday, November 1, 2012

Example Essay #5

Wouldn't you like to consider yourself lucky in love? Find the person that completes you, beyond that cliche of "your better half?" Someone who knows what you need and how to help you get there. An individual who stands behind you to push you when you don't know if you can go on. I am lucky enough to have that person in my life already. He is my biggest cheerleader and coach. Whether he's pushing me to pursue my educational goals directing me to develop my talents, he is there every step of the way.

Pursuing your educational goals can be difficult when you are going in it alone. If you haven't figured out what you would like to do or be it can be challenging to venture into the unknown. If you have people behind you supporting you and encouraging you through the challenges, it makes the challenge more bearable. Chris did exactly that for me. He gave me the opportunity to go back to school full time so I could finish my accounting degree. Even though it doesn't seem like a big deal, having someone who is willing to take on all the bills and work from sun up to sun down to make sure everything is taken care of, is a huge blessing. The encouragement is nice, but someone who really steps forward to help pave the way is incredible.

Gaining work experience is another challenge for me as I pursue my educational goals. I need to gain experience in the field I am studying to ensure that when I go into the work field, I have the experience needed to excel. Chris has helped make this possible by giving me the opportunity to run the paper side of his business. Although it is time consuming, it allows me to put all the experience I am gaining to good use. He has also been kind enough to help get me an internship with a company that does more advanced work that will give me the experience I need to begin doing even more for our business in the future.

When I approached Chris about feeling lonely up here, where there are few people to really call a friend, he at first didn't know what to do. Although he is not an animal fan, he agreed to let me get a pet so that I had something to give attention to. He even went along to help pick out this new kitten. Whether or not he can be everything I need him to be, he finds ways to surprise me every step of the way.

I may not get compliments all day or wake up to breakfast in bed, I feel like the sweetest moments are the honest ones, when someone helps you in a moment of need. The money is nice, but the support and love that comes from the heart is most important to me. Chris excels in this area. He is a problem solver and he believes that whatever I set my mind to do, if I push hard enough, I can do it. 

1 comment:

  1. Sure, that works--three examples of the support he gives, laid out neatly--not a lot of detail, but plenty of structure for the piece and for each individual graf. Glad to take it.

    ReplyDelete